|GSCS Clarification re Teacher Evaluation Data Definition of 'Academic Peer' used for Student Growth Percentile - SGP|
Per Dept. of Educ. website: NJ SMART “SGP VIDEO” Student Growth Percentile...How an Academic Peer is defined -
• The Student Growth Percentile (SGP) is calculated by comparing student achievement to his/her academic peers.
• Academic Peers are students across NJ with similar scores on the NJSASK test to students across New Jersey that have a similar NJASK test score history
• The growth model does not include any demographic factors by gender of ethnicity, nor does it group at specific programs, including English language learner (ELL) or learning disabled students when identifying academic peers.
• Academic Peers are selected solely by their achievement on the NJASK test.
• Academic peers share these three elements in common: they are in the same grade level, they have taken same NJASK tests, and they share similar testing history results.
Garden State Coalition of Schools